Sunday, September 13, 2009

Straws



Grant loves to get into things that he shouldn't be in. He really likes to play in the kitchen a lot. He enjoys playing with the lazy susan because that is where I keep all of my tupperware - I am fine with that. He tries to crawl fast towards the fridge when I have it open, but I quickly close it because I am not OK with that. His new thing is to pull up on the window ledge and look outside, which I am perfectly fine with. He also likes to get into the pantry. I don't like him to play in there because there are probably a million things he should not touch, but the stuff at his reach is actually, for the most part, fine for him to play with. They consist of water bottles, soda liters, paper plates, and other such things. There is also a paper bag with a 200 count of straws. Grant got into them and I let him play with them. I know they could be dangerous if he put them in his mouth and crawled around, so I made sure to watch him. He was really just playing with them and having a good time. It was something new that was not one of his toys - which clearly makes for a super cool new toy! As he was playing Missy, our girl kitty, comes wondering over. She thought he was trying to play with her. So for a couple of minutes Grant would wave the straws around and Missy would try to catch them and eat them. It was so cute because Grant was loving the attention from Missy. He obviously rarely gets up close and personal with them because they still run from him. However, Missy was loving the attention too and did not care if he would get loud or touch! I was happy to have caught the moment! Cute huh?

1 comment:

Ashley Wood said...

Hey Jamie!!!! Its Ashley Shadd...now wood. Gabby told me you were on here....after she talked me into making a blog ;0) But I just wanted to say hi and tell you that your baby is absolutely adorable!!!!