Sunday, September 13, 2009

Avocados vs Strawberries



These are two of my very favorite foods. I love avocados and I also love strawberries. If there is a choice of flavor for something, whether it is ice cream, cheese cake, or cream cheese, I always prefer strawberry. I also absolutely love avocados. I love chips and guac and actually really like to make guacamole. ( I also have a secret ingredient I like to add to my guac!) Grant also loves both of these foods. They are super good for him and require basically no preparation other than being cut up. So far it sounds like we just love strawberries and avocados, right? Well we do, but I have a bone to pick with avocados!

You would think that strawberries, being red and juicy, will stain everything. Well, I actually have a great carpet cleaner that gets the stains out and strawberries actually come out of my clothes in the wash! So I feel pretty good about feeding them to Grant. Back to the bone have to pick with avocados - They stain everything. What the heck? They stain my clothes, they stain Grant's clothes, and MOST annoying of all they stain my dishes and silverware! This is super annoying. I have to scrub, I mean scrub, the spoons, knives, and bowls that touch avocados. It drives me crazy!

We will continue to eat avocados in our household. However, I simply wanted to point out this interesting fact: strawberries do not stain(usually) and avocados do! Weird!

No comments: