Tuesday, March 30, 2010

90 to 19?

So I have been in DESPERATE need of some new jeans lately. I don't think any of my friends have experienced the body change that I have, or at least not as drastic. My pregnancy took a huge, major, crazy toll on my body and it has not been the same ever since. And I am not talking about a typical change that all women go through. Oh no! First of all, I gained 77 lbs with my pregnancy....see if you know any who can top that! Don't get me wrong, I am not proud of that or anything. My body stored so much water that within the first 10 days of giving birth I lost 35 pounds. Take that Biggest Loser! Hahahaa. But seriously my body just needed water and so I drank around 10 bottles of water a day when I was pregnant- crazy. Anyhow, back to the point. Though I have lost much of the weight, my body is crazy different. I lost a ton of muscle in my legs - I used to have super strong legs. I also used to have a pretty good backside, junk in the trunk, butt,.....whatever you want to call it. I say that only to now say that I have a 'flat mom butt'. It is so weird. And it BUGS me! Jeans just don't fit me anymore. Jeans have never been easy for me to fit into. My legs were a bigger size than my waist and it was difficult. To put it plainly, I had an athlete's body. However, there were certain brands that always fit and there was no problem. So to get back on track, I had to go jean shopping recently - (obviously the second most exciting thing to do next to going to Disneyland!) I got a pair from Express, a favorite place of mine to buy denim. Score! And I also found a pair at GAP, however I did not buy the GAP ones because they were not on sale...such a cheapo! Well, Lance and I went to the Outlet Mall over the weekend and I was going to go the GAP there to get my jeans. I decided to stop into to the Lucky store because Lance's mom always wears Lucky jeans. (She has fantastic taste in jeans) Well it was a special day because I found a great pair of jeans that fit me very well. AND I also happen to fall upon a pair of jeans that were marked down from $90 to $19! Yep, I got both pairs! And so that is my ridiculously long story, with unnecessary details, about how I got lucky at Lucky!

No comments: