Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Confession


Ok, since I love to laugh at people and their funny stories, I might as well share the wealth. Here is a good one. While I am absolutely, definitely not Betty Crocker or Paula Dean, or anything even remotely close, my cooking is.....well alright, my cooking is probably a little below average. I can cook a mean lasagna and everything else is just average-ish. Fortunately Lance and I are not too picky and so dinners are easy, quick to make, and good.

Well, the other night we were ready to make dinner and neither of us felt like anything in particular, but we didn't want the same old dinners that we usually make. So I decided that we would have pasta, no sauce, Parmesan cheese, and artichoke hearts! Yum. So I cook the pasta and chop up the artichoke hearts. I drain the pasta and go to get the olive oil. Problem, we don't have olive oil. Now this is rare for our household. We always have olive oil. So I tell Lance the problem and he suggests a little butter. Genius, why didn't I think of that. I go to the fridge and we have no butter. Now, this is not rare. We never use butter. Maybe we use it if I make grilled cheese for lunches, but that is not very regular. Other than that, we never use butter. So I decide that I will just make do with what we have. I had some vegetable oil so I just used a smidge of that and then put in some artichoke marinade, thinking it would be like a salad dressing or something.

After all that we sit down for dinner. Fortunately I prepped Lance in saying, " I really don't know if this is going to be good at all". Well thankfully I did, because Lance took one bite and said, "Jame, I'm sorry, this is disgusting." So I took a bite just to confirm and sure enough it was gross.
I was not up for making another meal and neither was Lance.

So we ended up going down the street to Buffalo Wild Wings. Now, for all of you Californians reading this.....Chicago has had BWW for a very long time and that is one of our favorite places to eat out here. I know they opened one up in Dublin, so I hope you all enjoy it!

Anyhow, we are thankful that BWW saved us the other night. It sure was nothing to be proud of.....but go ahead and laugh - I cooked something that was not edible and according to Lance, "disgusting"!

No comments: