Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book Worm


I have been such a book worm the past couple of months and I LOVE it. I have discovered that reading is a passion of mine and it helps me fall asleep. There have been days that I read for the whole 2 hours that Grant is napping and I get nothing done at all! But that is my 'me' time and I am OK with that. I have also discovered that if I go go go too much for the whole day and do not take at least 30 minutes to myself then I start to get annoyed. My reading time is when I get in bed. I also have reading times during Grant's nap or when I am putting him to bed, should the day call for more relaxed time. Whenever I some time that I don't have to be doing something, I pick up my book!

I just finished Skinny Dip, which is nothing what it would seem. It was a really good book, easy read, and a romance/comedy. I took it from my Mom who said it was a fun read. Prior to that I finished The Help, Friday Night Knitting Club, Redeeming Love, Kite Runner, and The Shack.

So my new discovery is Half.com - it is such a bargain and a half for new or used books. I just order 5 books, 4 of which are hard bound, for $25.37 - including tax and shipping. They are all gently used, but like new books. I am so happy! Here are 4 of the 5 new books that I will begin reading today!

There is something about me that wants to own all of the books that I read. I kind of see it as a collection. So that is why I like to purchase my books rather than borrow or check out from a library. Being the frugal person that I am, I love that I discovered Half.com

Need to get back to my reading...

2 comments:

Ashley Wood said...

Jamie you should join goodreads... its an online book club thingy that you list the books your reading and reccommend them to friends and stuff...Gabby got me on there and its pretty cool. I think you would like it!

Gabby and Jason said...

Haha, I just was going to make the same exact comment as Ash! Yes, Jamie, you would totally love goodreads. :D