Friday, December 4, 2009

Brown Yogurt?



Grant went from being a very good eater to a slightly picky eater it recent months. He still is pretty good, but he sure lets me know when he doesn't want something. He seems to be stuck in a routine of the foods he likes and does not want to try anything new at the moment, so we are fine with sticking to what he knows he likes. However, I have always struggled to get him a good amount of vegetables. I always put them in his noodles and tried to hide them in eggs. Well, he has caught on and is making things more difficult. I have since resorted to adding vegetables to his yogurt! Grant loves yogurt and would eat it for every meal and snack if I let him. When I am putting groceries away I have to be sure that he does not see the yogurt if it is not snack time or lunch. So I decided to add baby food vegetables to his yogurt.....and it worked! I added sweet potatoes to his berry yogurt twice now and he ate it no problem! Thank goodness! The only weird thing is the combination turns the yogurt a funky brown color - yuck! Good thing he doesn't care! Now I feel I can give him more vegetables!

No comments: